Pegasus Mail

Adam Shostack adam at lighthouse.homeport.org
Thu Nov 9 07:29:02 PST 1995

I sure hope no one does.  The ITARs seem to contain a 'scienter'
requirement; that you must know (or have a reasonable idea) that you
are breaking them for it to be criminal.  If he thinks he's ok, he is
until someone tells him otherwise.

	I am not a lawyer.  That is not legal advice.  Go consult a
good ITAR attorney if you want to try that at home. :)

Rich Salz wrote:

| I sure hope some tells David Harris that his program is now export
| controlled.  From my reading of his message, it seemed like he thinks he
| "beat the system" because he didn't include actual crypto code.

					               -Hume