forging headers (with more header information)

Lee Tien tien at well.com
Tue Nov 7 09:45:26 PST 1995

My apologies.  I followed Tim's advice and turned on verbose headers, and
this is what I got.

Lee

From: freeh at fbi.gov
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 95 16:07:08 -0400
Apparently-To: tien at well.sf.ca.us

> How difficult is it to forge headers?  How difficult is it to trace a
> message to the actual sender if the header is forged?

Not very difficult at all (to forge, that is).  This is a quick and dirty
example that should be somewhat traceable.  If you want pointers on how to
trace it, post the whole thing, including headers, to cypherpunks.

Louis