Crypto++, Cpunk Icons, list noise

s1113645 at tesla.cc.uottawa.ca s1113645 at tesla.cc.uottawa.ca
Mon Nov 6 06:28:41 PST 1995

On Mon, 6 Nov 1995 anonymous-remailer at shell.portal.com wrote:

> And as the messenger, I (hope) I don't have anything to fear, from the NSA
> or any other foreign group that would seek to pursue its own agenda within
> the borders of sovereign Canada.  I really don't think that the NSA is
> "evil incarnate", as some list subscribers do.  They have their
> intelligence and know how to use it.  Usually, they use it prudently.

They have a nice friend (the author of Spyworld would say outpost) right here
in Ottawa at the Communications Security Establishment. They (CSE) seem to
have done some recent spying on the opposition parties and Quebec
separatists (so I vaguely recall having read in several places. I haven't
gotten around to Spyworld yet). It was rather funny to see them
recruiting on campus. If you're ever in town, they're just a bit past
Carleton U. on Heron. (it doesn't say CSE on the signs, but the guy at the
gate will tell you so)

Try <http://www.cse.dnd.ca> it's a tad sparse, but entertaining all the same.
They have very friendly recruiting brochures. Like NSA, they're also an equal
opportunity employer (;-> ).