800_ape

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Sun Nov 5 18:22:49 PST 1995

At 08:23 AM 11/4/95 -0500, you wrote:
>   11-5-95. NYPaper Sunday Magazine:
>
>   "Making Microsoft Safe For Capitalism. How do you restrain
>   an 800-pound gorilla?" Cover story. By James Gleick.

>     It's time to draw the line. But where?
>
>      'Anything not a direct lie or clearly illegal is O.K. to
>      do if it advances Microsoft's tribal cause,' Mitchell
>      Kapor says. 'This licenses the worst sort of
>      manipulations, lies, tortured self-justification and so
>      on.'

So Gleick wants to unleash the Justice Department to protect his ISP from
Microsoft's competition.  Can't cut it without Big Brother's help, eh?

All I've got to say about this piece of commie trash is GM, ATT, IBM, USSR,
CIA, & KGB.

It took me all of 10 seconds to figure out how to delete the icons for the
MSN and MS' Internet Browser from my WIN95 desktop.  The help message that
popped up when I did this also told me how I could delete the actual
programs from my hard drive.  (Hint James try clicking the *right* mouse
button.)

DCF

"Worrying about a large institution especially when it has computers is like
worrying about a large gorilla especially when it's on fire." Bruce Serling.
CFP95.