The Crypto Applications we would rather not talk about

Nathan Loofbourrow loofbour at cis.ohio-state.edu
Sat Nov 4 18:07:07 PST 1995

Name Withheld by Request writes:
 > Crypto and Privacy tools protect everyone
 > from the hero to the anti-hero...
 >
 >    the technology itself is neutral

Unfortunately, the technology's appearance is distinctly angled toward
the anti-hero. One, because the benefits are more obvious to the
anti-hero; and two, because the abuse of technology gets better press
than its use, particularly in the get-tough-on-crime era.

 >     The answers are there and have been published
 > in most books on tradecraft, 3 person cells organized
 > as pyramids.

I've read only fictional accounts about the 3-person cell. Any
pointers to nonfiction material? "Tradecraft" didn't seem to be the
magic keyword in the local card catalog.

nathan