IBM's Microkernal

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Fri Nov 3 01:54:46 PST 1995

Anonymous writes:

> Responding to msg by perry at piermont.com ("Perry E. Metzger") on
> Wed, 01 Nov 11:51 AM
>
> >Why is this being sent to cypherpunks? Its totally
> >irrelevant.
>

> It's related to IBM's work on machine/code interface security,
> encryption and authentication capabilities.

No it isn't. Its just an operating system microkernel. These typically
just provide very low level process abstractions to allow device
drivers and operating system interfaces to be built as processes. It
has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with cryptography.

I realize that the word "code" appeared in the article, but just
because the word "code" gets used doesn't mean we are talking about
cryptography.

By the way, learn how to spell "kernel".

Perry