Stopped at the boarder

Dr. Frederick B. Cohen fc at all.net
Mon Jul 31 20:58:04 PDT 1995

> Maybe Fred can tell us if it's really true
> that he was stopped by U.S. Customs and held for many hours at the Canadian
> border when going to or returning from a conference where he described
> computer viruses....

Not for many hours, but we had an interesting non-discussion, and there
was a really thorough search of my bags (every piece of paper was
individually examined in great detail and a guard was subtly added to
the other side of the line).  They looked at every slide, checked out
the bags themselves for secret compartments, but the one thing they
didn't do was check the contrnts of my floppy disks.  Istn't technology
wonderful?

--
-> See: Info-Sec Heaven at URL http://all.net
Management Analytics - 216-686-0090 - PO Box 1480, Hudson, OH 44236