Netscape the Big Win(dows)

Damaged Justice frogfarm at yakko.cs.wmich.edu
Fri Jul 21 18:42:27 PDT 1995

Lucky Green writes:

> I remeber writing here once that after someone tries surfing the Web with
> Mosaic, there is no going back to just using lynx. The same holds true for
> Anarchie, Newswatcher, Eudora -- and Netscape.

Au contraire. I finally got the chance to use Netscape, and although I AM
impressed, I still prefer Lynx. Most folks will probably call this pointless
stubborness, elitism, I don't care. Graphics are too damn slow at any
speed and personally, I have no need (or desire) to have my net connection
slow to a snail's crawl just to make it "look nicer".

Text mode looks just fine to me. It's the content that matters.

--

 http://yakko.cs.wmich.edu/~frogfarm      |          PGP signed mail preferred
"On a superhighway existing roads are destroyed, it's easy to monitor traffic,