Windows secret-sharing

Joel McNamara joelm at eskimo.com
Mon Jul 17 09:39:26 PDT 1995

I just uploaded a user-friendly, Windows front-end to Hal Finney's SECSPLIT.EXE (based on Shamir's secret-sharing) called Secret Sharer.  The interface supports splitting and restoring files or passphrases.

Nothing fancy, but a simple solution for Windows users who want to do their own key (or whatever) escrow.

Secret Sharer is freeware, and is available from either:

http://www.eskimo.com/~joelm
ftp.eskimo.com /joelm/secshare.zip

I'm probably being over-cautious, but because of ITAR, SECSPLIT.EXE is not included in the ZIP file.  FTP sites for downloading are listed in the docs though.

Comments, bug reports, etc. appreciated before I announce to the relevant newsgroups.

Joel McNamara
joelm at eskimo.com - http://www.eskimo.com/~joelm for PGP key