Mods to Dining Cryptographers: legal questions...

Peter Wayner pcw at access.digex.net
Sun Jul 16 15:19:36 PDT 1995

>I'm sorry if I was a little mysterious about my reference to
>another use or mode of a DC-net; I'd _love_ to tell the rest of
>you flat-out, and put the idea in the public domain, but I'm
>not sure I _CAN_.

You should investigate an idea known as the provisional patent that is
relatively new to the United States. They're supposedly shorter and
designed to give you some claim to the ideas as well as some time to
develop them enough to file a real patent. I can't give you any other
advice except to tell you that my patent agent is also curious about them
because they're new.

-Peter