FAM_15\"

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Sun Jul 16 06:24:19 PDT 1995

   7-16-95. NYPaper:

   "New Concerns Raised Over a Computer Smut Study. 'They
   wanted to be famous.' It worked."

      Growing controversy over a widely publicized study of
      on-line computer pornography, conducted by a researcher
      at Carnegie Mellon University, has prompted the
      university to investigate whether the research violated
      ethical or academic guidelines. The investigation
      follows the disclosure by angry faculty members that an
      undergraduate student and his principal faculty adviser
      at Carnegie Mellon spied on the private computer habits
      of nearly 3,000 students, staff members and other
      faculty members last year as part of the research study
      into pornography viewing habits.               KEY_hol

   "Documents Were Destroyed as F.B.I. Resisted Seige
   Investigation. Hints of a cover-up: more embarrassment over
   a fatal confrontation."

      A Justice Department report not yet made public on the
      F.B.I.'s standoff with a white separatist in Idaho shows
      that in late 1992 and early 1993 F.B.I. managers were
      frantically trying to block Federal prosecutors from
      obtaining the Bureau's records on the case. Justice
      Department investigators, who uncovered the document
      destruction, have found that a career F.B.I. official
      stripped the files of official records that would have
      clearly shown if top F.B.I. officials in Washington were
      in command of the operation.                   FOL_hah

   Siamese:  FAM_15"