speeding detected by civilians

Roger Williams roger at coelacanth.com
Sat Jul 15 22:03:54 PDT 1995

In article <3u4g3t$pn8 at nntp.crl.com> Buzz at static.noise.net (Buzz White) writes:

   >> Vernon Hills, Illinois, a Chicago suburb, has passed legislation allowing
   >> citizens to check out radar guns from the local police department to
   >> catch speeders in their community. The radar guns are combined with
   >> cameras in order to instantaneously capture the car, license number, and the
   >> rate of speed. The citizens can check out the units for a week at a time. The
   >> police have stated that they, at this time, will use the data to issue
   >> warning letters to the violaters.

   Can they use them to bust COPS that speed?   Heh heh.

If Vernon Hills has any citizens left with spines, you can bet that
the local police are going to start to get a couple hundred pictures
of cop cars per week... Hell, I'll bet that I could take that many
by *myself* :)

--
Roger Williams  --  Coelacanth Engineering  --  Middleborough, Mass

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m."\0"x$w),$_=`echo "16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\U$n%0]SX$k"[$m*]\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\W//g,print pack('H*'
,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die"$0 [-d] k n\n")&~1)/2)