Deployment

Jon Lasser jlasser at rwd.goucher.edu
Sat Jul 15 11:03:56 PDT 1995

On Sat, 15 Jul 1995 an250888 at anon.penet.fi wrote:

> >In addition, now is the time to deploy stego, on a massive scale.
> >How many stego programs have been released for Unix?
>
> Unix?  The masses use DOS, Windows, Mac, and OS/2.  All you Unix gurus
> with nifty Unix crypto utilities that PC users can only wonder about
> need to buy PC's and start porting now if you want to get anywhere.

A legitimate point; however, the majority of PC users won't be in the
vanguard of /anything/ -- it's not the nature of the PC industry.  If all
the Unix folks do it, then the PC folks might.

Besides, the first was the point I was making; the second, I was
personally interested, because, after all, I run unix.

In addition, many of the PC people who do Internet communications do it
through a unix server anyway.  So it would be beneficial.

Jon
Jon Lasser                <jlasser at rwd.goucher.edu>            (410) 494-3253
          Visit my home page at http://www.goucher.edu/~jlasser/
  You have a friend at the NSA: Big Brother is watching. Finger for PGP key.