Legislation question...

Rev. Ben samman at CS.YALE.EDU
Fri Jul 14 07:04:13 PDT 1995

On Thu, 13 Jul 1995, Phil Fraering wrote:

> I may be a bit behind the times, but I have a question
> about the "ban crypto-anarchy" legislation as well as
> the Exon amendment:
>
> Isn't legislation in this country supposed to start in the
> House and _then_ move to the Senate for approval?

Only ones that involve money.  The House was given the Power of the Purse
by the original Constitutional Congress.

Ben.
____
Ben Samman..............................................samman at cs.yale.edu
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant,
and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those
teachers.-- K. Gibran. SUPPORT THE PHIL ZIMMERMANN LEGAL DEFENSE FUND!
For information Email: zldf at clark.net       http://www.netresponse.com/zldf