Fight, or Roll Over?

Pat Farrell pfarrell at netcom.com
Fri Jul 14 06:29:35 PDT 1995

In message Thu, 13 Jul 1995 02:41:12 -0800,
  cman at communities.com (Douglas Barnes)  writes:
> Since the Anti-Electronic Racketeering Act of 1995 might as well
> be called the "Anti-Cypherpunk Act of 1995", I'm surprised to see
> Tim throw in the towel already, when the bill hasn't even made it
> through committee yet.

OK, lets start some traditional politics.

Anyone know what commitee has jurisdiction?

Then the next step is who is on the commitee?

Then which cypherpunks are constituents of the commitee members?

At least some on the list write software for a living, or run ISPs and this
could effect their livelihood. Talk economic impact, not buzzwords
like "freedom" and apple pie.

Pat

Pat Farrell    Grad Student      http://www.isse.gmu.edu/students/pfarrell
Info. Systems & Software Engineering, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
PGP key available on homepage               #include <standard.disclaimer>