OTP server..

Perry E. Metzger perry at imsi.com
Thu Jul 13 19:36:47 PDT 1995

Doug Hughes writes:
> How about WWW one time pad servers? You browse to your
> favorite OTP server, which has a random number generator
> running in the background. You tell it to give you a block
> of X bytes, and mail it to persons 1, 2, 3, ... N.

Do I get you wrong, or are you proposing the mailing of one time pads
in the clear?

> Enough of these things would be REALLY tough to monitor...

The NSA is willing to monitor virtually all international
telecommunications traffic and try to figure out whats interesting. I
doubt this poses much of a challenge to them. Not to mention the fact
that it probably wouldn't pose much of a challenge to *me* given a set
of wiretaps and I have virtually no resources...

Perry