Even more unix holy war. Was "Clinton freezes U.S. assets .."

jamesd at com.informix.com jamesd at com.informix.com
Fri Jan 27 02:25:28 PST 1995

Todd Masco wrote:
> Do you have any sort of life whatsoever, James?  [....]
> is a total waste of your time,
> esp. if you believe people will read the spew.
>
> I've simply never heard of anybody caring.

If you don't care then why are you flaming me, instead
of deleting all the posts which I have clearly labeled
as being what they are.

As to why it is vast and voluminous pile of shit, the
answer is because unix is a vast and voluminous,
and I was flamed for failing to to give examples
of how unix is user hostile.

Any report on the defects of unix is necessarily lengthy.

I would send off a letter, and get back to work, then
immediately unix would bite me again, and I would jump
in and send off another letter.  The letters kept coming
because unix kept biting me.

If I had been working on my PC, which refrains from wantonly
destroying files and presents the most used options near
the top of menus, etc, I would have peaceably ignored
this whole silly issue.  Indeed I would not have been able
to think of a single concrete example of unix user hostility.

We have the right to defend ourselves     |   http://www.catalog.com/jamesd/
and our property, because of the kind     |
of animals that we are. True law          |   James A. Donald
derives from this right, not from the     |
arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.  |   jamesd at netcom.com