Reordering, not Latency (Was: Re: Remailer)

Michael Handler grendel at netaxs.com
Wed Jan 25 18:11:01 PST 1995

On Wed, 25 Jan 1995 Louis Cypher wrote:

> In recent discussions, the consensus
> was that message reordering was superior to (and the actual intent of)
> latency.  Reordering is not sufficient, a form of latency is required
> to make it effective.

	I have literally hundreds of messages archived from the CP list of
several months back where Eric Hughes repeatedly states that reordering,
not latency, is the key. Reordering of a sufficient magnitude will
introduce latency inherently. Otherwise you are still vulnerable to
traffic analysis (which is an art, not a science, remember).

--
Michael Handler                                         <grendel at netaxs.com>
Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics                   Philadelphia, PA