Markoff/NYT on IP spoofing

Paul Ferguson paul at hawksbill.sprintmrn.com
Mon Jan 23 04:33:51 PST 1995

> > Perry, pray tell, what else was John alluding to?
>
> I'm still trying to clear with my sources who told me in confidence
> what I can and can't say now that the article is out. However, the
> problem was documented by Bellovin some years ago.

Hmm. This could indeed be something of concern, since it demonstrates
that someone is taking great pains to take advantage of the shortcomings
of the IP protocol, if I recall smb's paper content. I'll have to dig
that one out when I get into the office this morning...

- paul

- --
Paul Ferguson
US Sprint                                          tel: 703.689.6828
Managed Network Engineering                   internet: paul at hawk.sprintmrn.com
Reston, Virginia  USA                             http://www.sprintmrn.com