"Internetpol"

Perry E. Metzger perry at imsi.com
Sun Jan 22 14:37:06 PST 1995

"James A. Donald" says:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> > I spoke with Stuart Baker for a while, during which time he informed
> > me that he didn't think the internet could possibly last
>
> I find that most statists on the internet assume that the internet
> is some kind of government service.
>
> When they discover that it is not, they wonder how it can possibly
> exist, and assume it will soon collapse.

I got the distinct impression that he didn't know that the internet
was in real use by big companies to conduct their daily affairs. When
I asked him if he'd ever heard of Cisco, he said he hadn't; he seemed
slightly suprised when I explained that it was a Fortune 500 company
that basically did nothing but sell internet routing equipment.

I don't know if the bastards are posing or are legitimately ignorant
but either way they are dangerous.

.pm