Lance Rose writes anti-cryptoanarchy in WIRED

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh rishab at dxm.ernet.in
Sat Jan 21 10:25:46 PST 1995

tcmay at netcom.com (Timothy C. May) writes:

> > data havens. I haven't bothered to hunt for Lance's address, which is not
> > given, but really I thought someone as prominent a SysLawyer as him would
> > be clued in. Nor have I found the time to send WIRED a letter.
>
> First, I want to know how Rishab, in India, gets "Wired" so early (or
> why I, right next to Silicon Valley, get it so late). He's mentioned

I used to get it three months late, as TNT was doing something really weird
to WIRED. I screamed. So they send it express hot off the press, which has
worked for two issues so far.

> Second, I didn't know Lance Rose was a lawyer, or even a "SysLawyer"
> (?). When I met him a couple of years ago, he'd just gotten out of

No, I don't think he's a lawyer, but he wrote SysLaw which is widely hyped
as _the_ law book for BBS sysops. It's actually not that good - the EFF
recommends another one the name of which I've forgotten.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                "In between the breaths is
rishab at dxm.ernet.in                                  the space where we live"
rishab at arbornet.org                                        - Lawrence Durrell
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA