The Remailer Crisis

Ben.Goren at asu.edu Ben.Goren at asu.edu
Fri Jan 20 12:06:24 PST 1995

At 12:39 PM 1/20/95, Mark Chen wrote:
>>    From: frissell at panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
>>
>>    I offer to pay for and operate a remailer account on any system that will
>>    have me.
>>
>> best.com, based in Mt. View, CA.  Mail to postmaster at best.com, or try
>> the other standard extensions.
>
>As it happens, I just signed up for a SLIP account at Best.  I'm using
>their standard dial-up service, but they also offer a dedicated 28.8
>connection for $450 setup and $60/mo.

You know, these fees everybody keeps quoting sound remarkably like the cost
of a modem, the installation of a new phone line, plus a reasonable amount
of profit. So why don't a bunch of you, say in the Bay Area, get together
to get a small subnet, each buy your own pair of modems, pay for the added
phone line, and install the whole shootin' match in Tim's house?

>Mark Chen

b&

--
Ben.Goren at asu.edu, Arizona State University School of Music