Internet, spamming, etc.

Jonathan Cooper entropy at IntNet.net
Thu Jan 19 03:41:25 PST 1995

> One could theoretically have a package that sprayed UDP packets
> at a particular IP address, or even have a modified TCP
> that ignored disconnects. I think most service providers
> would regard using such code as being on a par with running
> a program that tried to telnet sequentially to all known IP
> addresses, trying common passwords on each.

  Code exists to do all of the things that you've mentioned.

  That was the original point of the discussion.

-jon

( --------[ Jonathan D. Cooper ]--------[ entropy at intnet.net ]-------- )
( PGP 2.6.2 keyprint: 31 50 8F 82 B9 79 ED C4  5B 12 A0 35 E0 9B C0 01 )
( home page: http://taz.hyperreal.com/~entropy/ ]---[ Key-ID: 4082CCB5 )