Known data havens for pirates? Doubtful

rishab at dxm.ernet.in rishab at dxm.ernet.in
Tue Jan 17 14:26:56 PST 1995

I forget who wrote:
> blame them. Copyrighted data on a server in a jurisdiction that
> doesn't acknowledege the copyrights - a prime use for Data Havens
> when they come of age.

I suppose you _are_ aware that the US has threatened China with punitive
duties on $100 BILLION dollars worth of trade, and that China has started
holding some show trials (without shutting down its state-owned CD-piracy
factories). It's not going to be easy to find a country more willing and
able to ignore international copyright law (Berne Convention etc) than China;
however, despite howls of protest even China is likely to knuckle down
eventually. What may be likely is distributed piracy markets, such as
described in Tim's BlackNet spoof.

Read my earlier post on what Lance Rose thinks.

Rishab Aiyer Ghosh                                "In between the breaths is
rishab at dxm.ernet.in                                  the space where we live"
rishab at arbornet.org                                        - Lawrence Durrell
Voice/Fax/Data +91 11 6853410
Voicemail +91 11 3760335                 H 34C Saket, New Delhi 110017, INDIA