Abuse and Remailer Ethics

Homer Wilson Smith homer at math.cornell.edu
Mon Jan 16 20:12:21 PST 1995

     OK, I understood all this.  I am afraid that if we implement a total
no tracing scenario, then remailers will come under heat from the world at
large and the governments.  Maybe not.  Rright now, Rahul (a good guy) is
implementing syslogs whether I want him to or not, and that isn't about to
change.  Really I would have to be the owner of my own system in order to
do what you are suggesting.

     But then that is what got jpunix shut down. No way to deal with
complaints, and big time abuses going through his server, right JP?

     But I see the advantage to total no tracing, I am just not sure
all of us are really strong enough yet to implement it and stay
in business.

     Homer