hiatus

David K. Merriman merriman at metronet.com
Sun Jan 15 18:44:58 PST 1995

Just a short note to let folks know that I'll be unsubscribing for a while
(probably a couple of months) while I get ready and then move to Amarillo to
set up an ISP :-)

The staging phase is taking up a large portion of my time, and I really
don't have the slack to do more than give the subject lines in the CP list a
cursory glance these days - just enough to see what the current flame war is
about :-)

Once I get the ISP set up, I'll be putting an anon remailer on it; I may
also offer "Remailer-in-a-box" accounts for some relatively minor fee (if
motivated, I may even take digicash as payment :-). I don't expect any
problems about setting up accounts, since I'll be the MIS Manager, VP
Engineering, etc, etc. Too, since the service will be commercial, I expect
that I'll be able to do a pretty fair job of ignoring complaints of the kind
that get .edu and on-the-left remailers shut down.

I'll still be able to receive email at this account at least until the end
of February; once I get set up in Amarillo, I'll resub and let everyone know
where I am (just in case anyone cares :-)

FYI, the tentative name for the ISP is panhandle.net.....

Dave Merriman
Finger merriman at fohnix.metronet.com for PGP public key and fingerprint.
PGP encrypted Email welcome, encouraged, and preferred.
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution
inevitable."  John F. Kennedy