time stamping service (again)

Eric Hughes eric at remailer.net
Fri Jan 13 11:17:44 PST 1995

   From: sdw at lig.net (Stephen D. Williams)

   It should have minimize bandwidth, minimize cpu, minimize storage
   levels of service to allow different levels of users to have
   different possible impact on the machine.  (Ie. : local, paying,
   regional, unknown, domain, etc.)

This is the area of policy, for which there are no general purpose
solutions that I know of.  I see a need for a general purpose module
that would accept authorization requests from various end-user
services (remailing, timestamping, storage, etc.) and return yes or
no.  If money is part of the policy, this is the place to implement
it.

That said, I don't think the lack of a policy engine prevents a
cypherware distribution from happening.

Eric