Anonymous payment scheme

Paul Foley Paul.Foley at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Jan 12 19:33:57 PST 1995

Black Unicorn <unicorn at access.digex.net> wrote:

>> This is EXACTLY what I was contemplating. I really wish they would
>> implement it. Then I can get the traveler's cheques out of my wallet.
>> (unsigned in both spots of, course.)
>
>Is this not essentially the same as the current pre-paid long distance
>Phone cards on the market?
>
>One would think the transition as easy for the credit card companies to
>make with a secured, disposable visa card.

NZ Telecom are conducting an experiment with using phonecards in
softdrink vending machines.  There was an article in The Dominion
newspaper's _InfoTech_ magazine crying out for the Government to stop
it, claiming Telecom's creating an independant (from the Reserve Bank)
currency, will destroy the New Zealand economy, etc., etc.

---
Paul Foley <Paul.Foley at vuw.ac.nz>    -----    PGP encrypted mail preferred

                 PGP key available from keyservers or finger
                    (finger pfoley at akeake.its.vuw.ac.nz)