procmail: another question

Adam Shostack adam at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Jan 10 12:25:13 PST 1995

| On Tue, 10 Jan 1995, Adam Shostack wrote:
| > 	Procmail is a very versatile, relatively easy to use way of
| > processing mail.
|
| "Relatively easy"  -- Relative to the usual venomous Unix
| user hostile interface that is.   I use procmail, but my
| local Unix guru does not, even though he has a clear need to do so.

	Its got a nasty learning curve; I held off for a long time
before making the leap.  What all mail filters need is better
integration with MUAs, so I can say "This message should have gone
into my cpunks-noise folder, fix the rules." Of course, doing that
really well is not trivial.

	Safe-tcl has a shorter learning curve, but I've spend enough
time that I don't want to switch without a payoff.

Adam

						       -Hume