C'punks Economist Fan Club

Duncan Frissell frissell at panix.com
Fri Jan 6 03:23:19 PST 1995

>It's witty, politically
>aware, relatively technically savvy. The articles exhibit a healthy (IMHO)
>cynicism about what happens and why, yet maintain some idealism about what
>should happen. It's not perfect, but it's difficult to imagine surpassing it.

The Economist is fully informed and funny.  What domestic news magazine
would include the following in one of *their* leads (editorials):

Circa 1987

"It is unlikely that Gorbachev has included an invasion of Western Europe in
his next Five Year Plan but his generals *have* made their preparations.
Lucky Britain is in the *Polish* Army's Zone of Occupation."

DCF

--
Have you registered a domain today.  My template worked first time and I
have since registered nine domain names.  Send for a free copy.