Anonymity and talk.politics.chinal

James A. Donald jamesd at netcom.com
Wed Jan 4 11:13:46 PST 1995

Many of the messages in talk.politics.china are anonymous.

They use anon.penet.fi

Many of these messages are in Chinese, not ASCII.

This is an obvious example of legitimate use of anonymity.

In addition this example makes an association in peoples minds
between suppressing anonymity, and discouraging dissent.

We have the right to defend ourselves and our
property, because of the kind of animals that we        James A. Donald
are.  True law derives from this right, not from
the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.            jamesd at netcom.com