Press attack on anonymity.

Mats Bergstrom asgaard at sos.sll.se
Tue Jan 3 11:05:37 PST 1995

James A. Donald wrote:

> higher authority of which I spoke earlier -- who is
> anonymously attacking anonymity.

> the government speaking  -- a government department with guns is
> running up a trial balloon.

Expected and hardly anything to go into public dispute about.
Cypherpunks are here to circumvent the measures of various
governments by technical means. Since Joe User doesn't really
care if he can connect anonymously or not, at least not yet,
they might very well succeed in making some aspects of anonymity
'illegal'. But who cares, if anonymous agents can't be traced?

Mats