Anonymous payment scheme

jRT jrt at asiaonline.net
Mon Jan 2 08:58:31 PST 1995

Well, I know some shops have so called 'switch' or 'smart' cards to debit
your account, some of these are on their own credit line, others are not.

I have an account with a bank in Britain which gives me a "VISA" Card
which is actually a 'direct-debit' card.  I can use it (and have) all
around the world as a regular VISA card and in any 'VISA compatible' ATM.

As soon as my balance drops to zero, I can no longer use it.  And when I
do, the money jumps out of my account immediately and can no longer be used.

This is a bank-issued card, and also acts as my ATM card to access my
current account - there is NO charge for this.  I'm not sure exactly how
that works.

Whether or not VISA would accept a proposal from First National
Cyberphunks or not remains to be seen...

 jrt at AsiaOnline.Net   john at AsiaOnline.Net   PO Box 86141, Govt PO, Kln, HKG.

 Help protect the environment : This message is made from recycled electrons