Stegno for Kids

Peter Wayner pcw at access.digex.net
Sun Jan 1 12:38:42 PST 1995

I was at a birthday party for a nine-year old niece. She got some dolls
(ugh), a Sega Game Gear Game called "Out Run" (not bad) and Crayola brand
secret writing pens (WOW!!!!). There are about 8 pens in the set. You write
secretly with two of them and develop the image with the other six. I believe
the 6 developing pens create images in different colors, but I'm not sure.
It just wouldn't look cool for me to rip open the package at SideShow Pizza
and hog her gift. Then I had to go. Alas...

-Peter