Excel 5 Encryption

Ben Wern bwern at jax.jaxnet.com
Mon Feb 13 16:19:24 PST 1995

Greetings one and all,

I was wondering if anyone out there has played with or 'broken' Microsloths
encryption, especially in it's Excel from?

The story goes like this: A good friend of mine has an executive who stored
a lot of data in excel, with his own password. He has died, and the
company would very much like to get ahold of that corporate data. Microsoft
has chuckled politely at helping them (they're a rather large company), and
my friend has approached me... I don't have any experience with Microsoft
encryption.. but I know that the likes of WP can be broken, so I was
wondering if something similar to the cracks of that.

ANY thoughts, comments, annencdotes, etc, etc. would be greatly appriciated.
I'll post a summary to the list, if you send privatly.

Danke,

Ben Wern
(Hopefully this satisfies enough of the Cypherpunks-related content to avoid
scorch marks... :) )

bwern at jax.jaxnet.com
bwern at pathtech.com
bwern at unf6.cis.unf.edu