why pgp sucks

Greg Morgan mac5tgm at hibbs.vcu.edu
Fri Feb 10 12:48:05 PST 1995

Perry E. Metzger originally said the following...

> I'll also note, yet again, that unless PGP quits this bad practice of
> identifying counterparties only by a number, it is NOT going to be
> universally deployed. Counterparties need to be identified by a name
> that can be looked up in the DNS -- meaning "joe at foo.com" rather than
> some key ident number.

Doesn't having some kind of central record of keys go against
the principle of PGP?  Unless you're just talking about having
a name attached to each key, but not exactly a DNS for key
id's...  I'll admit I'm a little confused.

Greg Morgan <mac5tgm at hibbs.vcu.edu>    | "I dunno Brain, me and Pipi
Mail me for PGP Key: 0xE0D222A9        |  Longstocking?  I mean what would
Key Fingerprint : 2430 BAA4 1EE4 AA2F  |  the children look like?" - Pinki
                  3B76 3516 3DEF 5529  |