So, what's it all about?

Black Unicorn unicorn at access.digex.net
Thu Feb 9 17:58:22 PST 1995

On Thu, 9 Feb 1995, Eric Merth wrote:

> Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 18:27:04 -0700 (MST)
> From: Eric Merth <emerth at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
> To: cypherpunks at toad.com
> Subject: So, what's it all about?
>
> I went to a UNIX trade show yesterday, and the main speaker was a
> security type. He talked about "the cypherpunks" among other things.
> He said you are really scary and dangerous and ...
> But of course he had to also project this adress (cypherpunks at toad.com)
> on the screen.
>
> So are you really scary and dangerous? What are the cypherpunks?

Only to totalatarian dictator types who want to control the flow and
access to information.

Did he cite reasons for our scaryness or just slander us generally?

--
073BB885A786F666 nemo repente fuit turpissimus - potestas scientiae in usu est
6E6D4506F6EDBC17 quaere verum ad infinitum, loquitur sub rosa    -    wichtig!