S314 and potential hell-raising

me silly at beat.ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed Feb 8 19:38:08 PST 1995

It seems that 314 is a VERY BIG potental problem, and we should
probably be doing everything in our power to find out what it REALLY
means and fight it tooth and nail.  I think Usenet is the perfect
place to take this fight, but I'm not sure what groups are best
suited to a discussion.  Any suggestions?

We simply MUST isolate this bill and, if it even comes close to sounding
like what I think it does (ending the near-absolute freedom of expression
and content across the Internet), we must fight it in every way possible,
enlisting the ACLU, the EFF, and any other group potentially willing
to pour money into a legal battle.

(me)