Cooperation

Rick Busdiecker rfb at lehman.com
Tue Feb 7 05:22:55 PST 1995

    Date: Mon, 06 Feb 1995 15:43:46 -0500
    From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry at imsi.com>

    I'd say that it would work far better if things were changed to MIME
    formats. You would send a message by recursively encapsulating your
    message to be remailed inside a MIME message. Simple and clean...

Personally, I vastly prefer that things that can be handled with
header lines be handled that way.

MIME may be general and handle messages with mixed data, but the
Big-Ugly-Block style that everything seems to be moving to is, well,
overly big and overly ugly.

When the data in a message is of a single type, adding all of this
ugly MIME bulk is neither simple nor clean.  It's artificial
complexity and needless blecherousness.

Recursive encapsulation needn't affect how any particular level looks.

			Rick