"encrypt tcp connections" hacks

root root at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Feb 6 20:26:25 PST 1995

>     You've obviously never attempted to get a Windows product working for
> someone whose previous experience with a computer is limited to "Solitaire".
>
>     I've done work with this ISP, and I can tell you it's nearly the most
> frustrating experience I've had in my life -- Windows has bizzare
> conflicts with software eating other software, ports getting set up
> wrong, and just general nastiness.  Even the slickest software needs
> helpline time - for whatever reason.

I have been doing help desk related work for nearly 10 years and in my
experience 'user friendly' is something you see on ads and never in the
software.

I have yet to see a piece of software that is useful and actually solves
a problem or does a job that doesn't also require an investment by the
help desk.

It simply ain't that easy.