MD5 coding

Philip Trauring philip at cs.brandeis.edu
Mon Feb 6 10:59:56 PST 1995

I am looking to put together an MD5 message digest program and have
extracted the MD5.c and MD5.h files from PGP(excerpt of the MD5.h file
below) but I'm not sure how it all works. Can someone who is familiar with
the functions and the data structure please e-mail me with a bit of
guidance as to what each one does and how to implement it. If anyone can
lead me to a good description of the processes involved I would appreciate
that too. Thanks.

----====----
struct MD5Context {
        uint32 buf[4];
        uint32 bits[2];
        unsigned char in[64];
};

void MD5Init(struct MD5Context *context);
void MD5Update(struct MD5Context *context, unsigned char const *buf,
unsigned len);
void MD5Final(unsigned char digest[16], struct MD5Context *context);
void MD5Transform(uint32 buf[4], uint32 const in[16]);

        Philip Trauring

    Philip Trauring                     Brandeis University MB1001
    philip at cs.brandeis.edu              P.O. Box 9110
    (617) 736-5282 ['94/95]             Waltham, Ma  02254-9110