Remailer encryption module

Hal hfinney at shell.portal.com
Sun Feb 5 21:35:07 PST 1995

From: eric at remailer.net (Eric Hughes)
> -- The RSA-encrypted session key does not have a flat representation
> over its multiword container.  This yields a statistical traffic
> analysis hole.  (This point is irrelevant without fixing 4.)  Hal and
> I completely solved this problem last year.

For reference, here is that old message with an algorithm that produces an
encrypted session key with a flat distribution over a specified number of
bytes, along with a proof that it works.  The purpose of this is you
could strip off the PGP header stuff and have a file which looked for all
intents and purposes like totally random bytes, but if you knew the
secret key then you could decrypt it just fine.

(I recently took my CP archives and indexed them using Mark Zimmermann's
(no relation to Phil, apparently) FreeText browser which lets me do
keyword searches.  Pretty nice.)