The SKRONK protocols (version 0.6)

Perry E. Metzger perry at imsi.com
Sun Feb 5 16:08:37 PST 1995

Matthew J Ghio says:
> sdw at lig.net (Stephen D. Williams) wrote:
>
> > UDP won't get through most firewalls.
>
> I'm working on a program that gets around this.  It creates a IP tunnel
> by setting up a SLIP interface on a encrypted TCP stream and routes
> packets through that.  It's not completely finished but it does work.
> Send me mail if you want it.

Pardon but... why? Whats the reason for wanting to do this?

If a firewall has been set up to stop UDP, then it should stop UDP. If
the firewall has not been set up to stop UDP, or has a mechanism like
the experimental versions of "socks" currently being played with that
relay UDP, then there is no reason to want to do the above. I don't
really understand what the idea is here.

Perry