re to hfinney

Joe Turner turner at telecheck.com
Fri Feb 3 13:42:54 PST 1995

> hal sez:
>
> : Perl does exist for ms-dos, and I think those scripts would probably work
> : OK there.  They don't do anything exotic, just some byte reads and
> : writes.  Maybe the random-number generation would need to be looked at;
> : as I said, that is the one weak part. But probably they would work OK.
>
> kool . could you please repost the scripts , i seem to have misplaced them.
> also , where can i get perl for dos , any idea ? tia .

PERL can be obtained via anon FTP:

 ftp.uu.net			137.39.1.9
 archive.cis.ohio-state.edu  	128.146.8.52
 jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov  	128.149.1.43

Get the source code and start compiling... :>

--
Joe N. Turner		Telecheck International
turner at telecheck.com    5251 Westheimer, PO BOX 4659, Houston, TX 77210-4659