Fundamental Question?

Rick Busdiecker rfb at lehman.com
Wed Feb 1 20:48:07 PST 1995

    Date: Wed, 1 Feb 95 23:00:18 EST
    From: Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl <rrothenb at ic.sunysb.edu>

    Well, it's happened in the past. Doesn't mean Usenet is perfect for it,
    since nobody wants to sift through several thousand messages a day for
    messages encrypted to him/her.

It's easy to automate and you are incorrect in saying that nobody does
it.  alt.anonymous.messages was created as an implementation of an
anonymous message pool.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's
perfect, but it's simple and it works.  If you post a message
encrypted for my public key and include my name and/or my key id in
the subject, I'll get it.  And, no, I'm not the only one who uses it.

			Rick