Is this as insecure... (really "Fax crypto")

Thaddeus J. Beier thad at hammerhead.com
Sun Dec 31 17:23:16 PST 1995

Shamir did a talk on fax crypto in May, 1994.  There is no reason that this
can't be completely secure, the overlays could be one-time pads.   Bill
Sommerfeld posted a description of the technique to the list after he went
to a presentation on the technique, I'll forward it to anybody that needs
a copy.

Using the same overlay multiple times, though, would make it completely
insecure.  I can't believe that they are recommending that that could
be a possibility.

thad
-- Thaddeus Beier                     thad at hammerhead.com
   Technology Development                   408) 286-3376
   Hammerhead Productions        http://www.got.net/~thad