CFS and Linux (fwd)

Julian Assange proff at suburbia.net
Sat Dec 23 12:29:29 PST 1995

> Jim Choate writes:
> >
> > > First of all, this is Matt Blaze's pet project, not a product of
> > > AT&T. It is given away for free and you should be happy to get it at
> > > all -- no one is obligated to give you a gift. Have you mailed him a
> > > Linux machine to do his testing on? Why do you assume he even has one?
> > > As it happens, he doesn't, and probably doesn't want to go through the
> > > hassle of paying for a computer and putting Linux on it.
> > >
> > > Be happy he's given you anything at all.
> >
> > If you are going to do it, do it right the first time.
> >
> > Second, I really doubt Blaze has a problem obtaining access to computing
> > power and a $25 CD should be within his budget.

I am annoyed. Matt Blaze has no obligation to produce CFS for free, let
alone a version for dummies. And boy, are you a dummy. As someone who
has hacked away at CFS for a long time now on several platforms,
including linux, I can state that the issues of porting CFS to linux
were trivial and involved a one line sed on the rpcgen output. The more
recent versions of linux don't even require this.  Further, Matt is
hardly the government/corporate lacky that you suggest him to be. Why
don't you read some of his papers before you show your technical and
social ignorance? Get a life.

--
|Julian Assange                    | "if you think the United  States has    |