No Subject

floyddb at alpha.c2.org floyddb at alpha.c2.org
Sat Dec 23 03:55:55 PST 1995

On Fri, 22 Dec 1995 andr0id at midwest.net (Jason Rentz) wrote:

>The problem with the Interceptor is that I think it can only receive one
>freqency at a time, and it is adjustable by a thumb wheel, not digitally.
>This would tend to make changing frequencies at high rates VERY hard. :)
>Also it has no frequancy readout, so this means that if you know what freq.
>you should be at it is hard to tune in that freq. without searching a little.
>                        Dr0id
>

>( Computer Consulting & Management   )
>(P.O. Box 421  Cambria, IL 62915-0421)

The demo of the Interceptor I saw seemed to show it jumping from 150 MHz to 450
MHz without any external adjustments, it locked on the strongest signal.
Granted, it can only receive one frequency at a time, but there shouldn't be any
significant delays when the phone hops a frequency.  The Interceptor's
frequency readout is a bargraph style LED.  The Scout, from what I can
see in Optoelectronics' ad doesn't have any frequency controls on it, it does
have a digital frequency readout.  As far as timing is concerned, the Scout
might be less useful because I think it feeds the frequency into the scanner for
reception.  Most scanners take a significant amount of time to change
frequencies.

Merry Christmas

        Floyd D. Barber
        floyddb at alpha.c2.org