CFS and Linux

anonymous-remailer at shell.portal.com anonymous-remailer at shell.portal.com
Fri Dec 22 19:39:44 PST 1995

>  1: please make it install 'out-of-the-box' on Linux.

AT&T's refusal to support CFS and other so-called "secure" software
under Linux is typical and to be expected.  Linux, the most popular
alternative to Microsoft, represents a direct threat to AT&T's bread
and butter and to their ability to control the security software market.
The fact that the CFS install programme deletes other security software
is no accident.  We would be foolish to expect them to admit their
malice - they will excuse it as a "mistake" or will ignore it altogether.

I don't agree with all of the "Gates" character's claims against
AT&T, however I think their motives can be summed up in three words:
Greed, Greed, Greed.  Use their software and you support the giant.
Remember their theft from the Berkeley graduate students each
time you accept "free" software from this greedy monster.

I also do not accept Blaze's cowardly defense of his actions and of
his too-comfortable situation; one cannot help but be reminded of
the Nazi "just following orders" prattle repeated rote as they were
called to answer for their crimes.  It rings no less hollow to this
day.  But I will not condemn him, nor will I call on others to do so,
preferring to leave that matter between him and his Maker.

Weinstein, of course, is beast of another color, but that will have
to wait.

Alice de 'nonymous ...               <an455120 at anon.penet.fi>

                                  ...just another one of those...

P.S.  This post is in the public domain.
                  C.  S.  U.  M.  O.  C.  L.  U.  N.  E.