taking electronic privacy into our own hands

anonymous-remailer at shell.portal.com anonymous-remailer at shell.portal.com
Fri Dec 22 13:06:34 PST 1995

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Eric Anderson wrote:

> 	Would it be possible to write a program ( i.e. a worm or
> Trojan) to ferret out personal information that is stored in databases
> and encrypt it?
>
> I was just wondering what such an undertaking would entail.

Actually, there is no need to write any such code.

AT&T distributes just such a beast to any and all comers.  It can take
personal information and send it out over a secure socket layer.

I think a couple of partners in crime, Cheswick and Bellovin of AT&T
research had a hand in its continuing distribution.

> Eric

Alice de 'nonymous ...               <an455120 at anon.penet.fi>

                                  ...just another one of those...

P.S.  This post is in the public domain.
                  C.  S.  U.  M.  O.  C.  L.  U.  N.  E.